The most popular hot beverage on the planet, tea in some fashion has been enjoyed for millennia. With a lovely variety likely to suit nearly every palate imaginable, it receives considerable renown for its antioxidant properties and other healthful benefits. As with all other aficionados, passionate tea drinkers boast their own unique set of rituals, tastes and cultural (and sub-cultural) tics. In the following blogs – listed in no particular order – connoisseurs of the cuppa expound upon a number of relevant topics, voicing their opinions, sharing recommendations and recipes, exploring the latest accessories and much more. Tune in to what they have to say for a nice composite on the multifaceted tea culture.
1.) The Voice of Tea
Anything an ardent tea fan could ever want in a blog pops up here at Voice of Tea, which posts up everything from the plants’ rich histories to the usual discussions regarding health benefits.
2.) Tea Guy Speaks
This must-bookmark resource covers a wide variety of tea-related topics for people who enjoy a simple cuppa and ardent aficionados alike.
3.) Heaven of Tea
Official blog of Teavana, a popular distributor of numerous varieties, Heaven of Tea discusses the business of selecting and distributing the world’s favorite beverage.
4.) T Ching
With a passion for tea, design and health, the writers and developers behind T Ching provide visitors with an amazing resource on all things tea.
5.) Insani-TEA Blog
Stop by this fun, accessible site for recipes and information on “every nook and cranny of the wide world of tea.”
6.) The 39 Steeps
Steven Knoerr loves tea, and uses his corner of the internet to spread his passion for the plant through a number of eclectic postings and tasting notes.
7.) English Tea Blog
The English Tea Store mainly emphasizes – SURPRISE! – English tea, though it does discuss other varieties and origins from time to time as well.
8.) Mellow Monk’s Green Tea Blog
Step into the wonderful, healthy world of the much-beloved green tea – and be sure to check out the amazing archives dating all the way back to 2004!
9.) Little Yellow Teapot Tea Reviews
Read through an extensive catalog of tea reviews spanning an impressive spectrum of varieties, opting to either browse by brand or by type.
10.) Teapots Teapots Teapots
Teapots not only play an integral role in brewing up the perfect cuppa, but they also stand on their own as fine works of art and craftsmanship, too!
11.) The Tea Scoop
Anyone who loves tea can appreciate this neat blog that drips with passion, insight and information.
12.) The Tea Review Blog
The Tea Review Blog should be on every fanatic’s bookmark list, and they should check it every day to read expert opinions on the newest brands and selections.
13.) Mad Blog of Tea!
When searching for a little adventure, try the highly enjoyable Mad Blog of Tea for tips and tricks regarding blends.
14.) Steph’s Cup of Tea
Pleasant and useful, blogger Steph keeps her little corner of the tea blogging community accessible to all visitors.
15.) Lainie Sips
Lainie Petersen does not purport any expertise in the field of tea, but she still has some wonderful things to say on the subject all the same.
16.) Gongfu Girl
Focusing mainly on Asian teas, this fantastic, educational blog covers both the beverage, its associated paraphernalia and distinct culture.
17.) Tea Masters
One of Stéphane Erler’s greatest passions involves talking tea with masters in Taiwan and beyond and sharing their stories with a curious audience.
18.) The Taste of English Tea Blog
Another offering by the English Tea Store, offering up in-depth postings on anything and everything related to the world’s most popular beverage.
19.) Indie Teas
Looseleaf and looseleaf accessories are the name of the game here, but Neil Desai does not scrimp on other fun little tea tidbits along the way.
20.) Tea Escapade
Tea Escapade features some excellent recipes, reviews, ruminations and more for the ardent aficionado.
21.) The Sip Tip
Adam Yusko mostly writes reviews of teas – mostly greens – and relevant accessories and books.
22.) Sir William of the Leaf
Predominantly a review site, Sir William of the Leaf describes the brews in question with impressive eloquence.
23.) A Tea Addict’s Journal
“Tea addiction” in this case covers more than just reviews and other musings. Be sure to read up on the history, culture and etiquette protocols as well!
24.) An International Tea Moment
One of the most beautiful elements of tea involves intercultural communication and exchanges, though the unethical labor practices utilized by some definitely weigh down this facet. But when situations are fair, bridging gaps between peoples makes for one of its strongest assets.
25.) The Half-Dipper
Spiritual, soothing and creative, The Half-Dipper pays homage to Chinese culture and tea through reviews, ruminations and gentle haiku as well as describes the Chinese gongfu-style tea preparation in detail.
26.) MattCha’s Blog
This blogger knows and loves his teas, lovingly describing his finds and travels with anyone who wants to hear what he has to say.
27.) Black Dragon Tea Bar
Located in Seattle, the Black Dragon Tea Bar wants to spread a love of tea and tea culture – particularly Chinese – beyond Washington’s borders.
28.) Sip Locally
Although the efforts of an independent tea house in Florida, Sip Locally has plenty of information to benefit its international readership.
29.) Wrong Fu Cha
Explore the world and culture of different teas through some amazingly detailed photographs and stories.
30.) Tea Goober
Hit up Tea Goober for news and views on a plethora of different Asian varieties, predominantly Pu erh.
With over 3,300 reviews (and counting!), the Teaviews blog makes for an essential online resource for true tea aficionados.
32.) Joie de Tea
Both a blog and a shop, Joie de Tea offers up almost everything that fans of the brewed beverage could possibly need in an online resource.
33.) Bon Teavant
From grower to teapot, this multimedia blog explores all the ins and outs of tea culture in America – a region where coffee reigns as the preferred beverage.
34.) The Teatropolitan Times
Another must-bookmark resource for tea fanatics, this blog sports a glossary, reviews of different varieties and accessories, a glossary of terms and more!
35.) Camellia Sinensis
The Imperial Tea Court of San Francisco – an alliance of multiple Chinese teahouses and teaware suppliers – updates frequently regarding its latest happenings, discoveries, advice and more.
36.) Tea Obsession
Discussions regarding oolongs comprise the majority of Tea Obsession’s content, but other types do make an appearance from time to time.
37.) Tea Arts
Run by the International Wu-Wo Tea Ceremony Association, this amazing resource makes for one of the most informative reads for beginner and experienced tea fanatics alike.
All facets of tea and tea appreciation – from reviews to history – end up covered here, making it another must-bookmark for avowed drinkers in search of the tastiest cuppa.
39.) Wonders of Tea
Politics, culture, current events and health reports regarding the much-beloved plant characterize this fantastic and popular blog.
40.) Walker Tea Review
Jason Walker blends his love of multimedia with a passion for tea to bring visitors a blog featuring video reviews of a broad spectrum of brands and types.
Pu reh fanatics have a blog to call home, where they can pop on by and read reviews of the latest leaves and tips and tricks on how to enjoy them to their fullest potential.
42.) CHA DAO
Many different contributors offer up their own thoughts on both tea and tea culture alike with the hopes of spreading the love and exchanging ideas and opinions.
43.) The Leaf
Online magazine The Leaf presents its articles in blog format, separated by issue number. Their content mainly revolves around crossroads between tea and Taoism.
44.) Life in Teacup
An English-Chinese translator reflects not only on tea’s physical benefits, but how it helps to promote good health and cultural understanding. Be sure to also stop by for brewing tips, too!
45.) About.com: Coffee/Tea
Those who enjoy both coffee and tea will certainly appreciate the detailed postings available through About.com’s dedicated portal.
46.) The Mandarin’s Tea
Very popular, The Mandarin’s Tea Room expounds upon a wide number of relevant topics – reviews, travels, advice and more.
Even those who do not speak Spanish can still marvel at the artistry on display here, with cups and pots suitable for varying tastes. Anyone with the time to run the blog through Google Translate will be met with some fine recipes and recommendations.
48.) teaspoons & petals
Fashionable tea drinkers who wish to indulge their tastebuds and look good doing it can certainly appreciate what teaspoons & petals means to accomplish.
49.) Tea and Talk
Sip a cuppa and enjoy a nice chit-chat about all things tea – from the casual to the oh-so-classy and everything in between.
50.) Tea For Me Please
Nicole Ann Martin drinks quite a bit of tea, and she shares her favorites and not-so-favorites with her fellow connoisseurs.
Tea lovers everywhere need not look far for the latest information and opinions on their favorite brews! The internet steeps with dead and active blogs alike, recounting travels, experiences and – of course – tastes from around the world. Newcomers and seasoned veterans both can find something to love and appreciate with these fantastic resources.
With 50 states and over 200 years of cooking under its belt, the United States of America is just as subject to regional cooking as any other nation. One of the most noted and recognizable areas of American remains the South. With states from Texas to Florida, the ideas and practices of Southern food are as complex as they are vast.
In order to make sense of it all, we have gathered the 50 best Southern food blogs. With everyone from professional chefs to plain old mom weighing in, you are sure to find a new family favorite or just something to make for dinner tonight.
Best Southern Food Blogs by a Woman
The First Ladies of Southern cooking have loads to share on their blogs.
1. Pioneer Woman Cooks : Ree is a “desperate housewife”with a touch of Lucille Ball, Vivian Leigh, and Ethel Merman. Check out her blog to see cooking pioneer style. Pizzas, breakfast burritos, and blackberry cheesecake are just some of the faves on this popular blog.
2. Paula Deen : She is the popular chef sporting down home eats on the Food Network. Get Paula’s very own recipes for everything from appetizers to kid friendly recipes. You can get a menu for the week, check out the audio blog, and much more on the massive site.
3. Biscuits and Such : Elena actually bases her Southern food blog out of Baltimore. She writes her own recipes as a mix of traditional and modern cooking. Entries such as a habanero grouper and bacon blue cheese burgers will get you interested.
4. Deep South Dish : This blog is about basic, country style Southern cooking with an emphasis on coastal South dishes and cooking from scratch. This mother has literally been dishing it out since the seventies and shares here. Summer favorites from fire ‘n ice pickles and boiled peanuts are featured.
5. Homesick Texan : Lisa left her home state of Texas to move to the Big City. As stated in the name of the blog, she dedicates her writings to the food she left behind. Favorites include biscuits, carnitas, chicken-fried steak, and more.
6. Southern Lady Cooks : This blogger believes that Southern cooking is a labor of love and shares timeless favorites such as buttermilk biscuits. Cooking tips, featured recipes, and delicious looking pictures greet everyone who visits. She even features the “Ten Commandments of Grits”for true Southerners.
7. Y’all Come On! : With a name like that, the blog has to be good. Christy Clark is a misplaced Southern belle who moved to Florida. She brought her cooking with her and shares loads of it here.
8. Backyard Southern Gourmet : Armadillo Pepper is a virtual blogger in the world of Southern food. Listen to the latest audio entry or even get entries on how to make food overseas with a Southern flare. Simple and easy recipes are often the topic of each post.
9. Fabulous Southern Foodie : Ann Margaret is from Georgia where she enjoys the best of Southern food. She often features pre-prepared meals as well as her own. The blog also stands out for those looking to lose weight.
Best Southern Food Blogs by a Man
The men weigh in via blog on their Southern cooking favorites.
10. New Orleans Cuisine : Danno dedicates his Southern food blog to New Orleans and Louisiana cooking. Recipes are ideal for the Creole or Cajun and include many Southern favorites. Recent ones include praline bacon and peach salsa pork chops.
11. Sugar Pies Food : Buck is originally from South Carolina and now lives in Tucson. His mother was a Southern cook and continues the tradition in the blog. A good choice if desserts are your thing.
12. Blackened Out : Peter and Rene believe New Orleans is one of the staple cities of America. Check out the latest happenings in food in the area with a visit. The top 20 post Katrina offerings are often shared.
13. Hushpuppy Nation : Rick McDaniel is a food historian, chef, and writer who specializes in Southern food. He devotes his blog to the history and culture of Southern food. A while can pass between posts but if entries such as lemon sherbet and beaten biscuits intrigue you, be sure to visit.
14. Slim Pickins Pork : Andrew explores the nuances of the pig in this blog. He hopes to elevate rustic cuisine to a high art. Burgers were the topic of a recent entry.
15. Chef Rick’s Southern Cooking : Click here to get loads of Southern recipes. Rick keeps this as more of a database than blog but offers loads of entries on appetizers, drinks, and pickles. Be sure not to miss the part on soul food.
Best Southern Food Blogs by a Site
These sites devote part or all of their blogs to Southern cooking.
16. Southern Plate : Christy Jordan had economics inspirations until she developed this site specializing in recipes below the Mason-Dixon Line. Targeting cooks of all ages and skills, she hopes to share Southern cooking with people all over the world. Useful videos, classics, and much more await with just a click.
17. Eating My Words : The secret food adventures of the staff at “Southern Living”magazine are featured here. Categories include the test kitchen, restaurants, and even wine. You can also get loads of other tools and resources for food and other ways to live a Southern life.
18. Southern Food : About.com is a site where many experts stop by to blog and Southern food is not excluded. Diana Tattray has been blogging on the topic since 1997 and offers many entries. Must reads include crockpot recipes, mac and cheese, and easy chicken.
19. Southern USA : Many culinary classics of the American South are shared on Allrecipes.com. Favorites include fried chicken, biscuits, and sweet potato pie. Visit to check out the featured cook or even share your own recipe.
20. Southern Recipes : Ol’ South Recipes has a list for authentic recipes. Current entries include fried green tomatoes. You can also get entries that use avocado, chili, omelets, and much more.
21. Easy Southern Cooking : Quick recipes for the beginner are the focus here. Choose from soup, sides, beverages, and much more. You can even learn to make complex foods the easy way such as jelly, jam, and preserves.
22. Mama’s Southern Cooking Blog : If mom was a big part of your Southern cooking experience, this is the blog for you. It features recipes commonly associated with parents of Southerners. Favorites such as casseroles and potato salad are all here.
23. Southern : More of a database than a blog, this is a must visit. The Food Network has over two thousand recipes listed as Southern. Current top entries include a Southern shrimp boil, deviled eggs, and fried chicken.
24. Southern Foodways Alliance : This organizations documents, studies, and celebrates the culture of Southern cooking. The blog lets you know what they are up to, as well as shares award winning recipes. With entries dating back to 2003, make time for this one.
Best Barbeque Southern Food Blogs
Because loads of Southern food is cooked outdoors, check out these blogs.
25. Boy Meets Grill : Bobby Flay is the host of a show on the Food Network of the same name. Get recipes, tips, and even videos by visiting. Be sure not to miss “Killer Grilling Tips”with everything from the master griller to newbie.
26. BBQ Hub : The world of barbeque is featured on this popular blog. Choose from topics such as contests, restaurants, teams, and more. They even did a recent entry on fried chicken.
27. Barbeques & Grilling : Derrick Riches writes all about these topics in another entry from About.com. Must reads include the best gas grills and recipe of the week. One of the latest entries was on the top ten accessories for the grill.
28. Livefire : The Beringer Great Steak Challenge is the topic of concern currently on this blog. However, you can get tips and pictures on how to pit BBQ or even make lobster on the grill. Be sure not to miss the Friday Food Faves with more.
29. Patio Daddio BBQ : Musings on barbeque, cooking, and life are served here. Popular recipes here include seasoning and classic drumsticks. You can even get random recipes on items such as Hungarian entries and rattlesnake tails.
30. BBQ Blog : Brian Pearcy has published over 750 articles on the topic and has won awards for his spice rub. Learn more by visiting. He recently posted the results of a reader poll on smokers.
31. Ribs Within : This is the blog of an actual and professional BBQ team. See where they are traveling, what contest they are entering, and most of all, what they are making. There is also a special section for recipes.
32. White Trash BBQ : Stop here for real pit barbeque straight from New York City. He actually competes in the KCBS Championship and shares more here. Contest and grilling tips are often shared.
33. BBQ Addicts : Visit for the home of “America’s Hottest Barbeque Recipe.” Featured on Good Morning American and CNN, they get around. A recent entry was on the best of bacon.
34. A BBQ Nation : Get the official blog of Smoke in ‘Da Eye here. One of their most recent entries was on how to barbeque a breakfast. Specifically, it was a waffle cheese burger.
35. BBQ Sauce Reviews : Need something to go with all that food? Then stop here to get reviews for BBQ sauce before you buy. Choose from one to five star sauces and even get random entries for fruit or gluten free sauce.
Best Cajun Southern Food Blogs
Because the French also influenced Southern food, have a look at these blogs.
36. Real Cajun Cooking : Jacques Gaspard is your host to everything Cajun in this blog. He shows readers how to cook like a Cajun and even develop their own style. The latest recipe is on creamy chicken and oyster stew.
37. New Orleans Food and Recipe News : The site NOLA.com hosts this blog. Food and recipes are shared as well as the latest dining news. Food related happenings around the city are also shared.
38. The Bear Growls : Arthur “The Bear”shares dining habits, rants, and diatribes. The world of Southern Louisiana is focused on but he can occasionally wander. The interesting back story of a restaurant he recently visited is also shared.
39. Roux B Doo’s Cajun and Creole Food Blog : Learn the difference between the two in this blog. Tim often features the best in Southern food and offers links to favorite restaurants and more. He also has the option to download recipe books.
40. NOLA Cuisine : The food of New Orleans, Louisiana is celebrated here. Get the most popular entries such as shrimp etouffee and creole with a click. They also have reviews for restaurants in the area.
41. The Boudin Link : Learn more about the Cajun style of sausage here. Get a virtual guide to it by visiting here. Maps to recommendations, recipes, and more are detailed.
42. Peanut Butter Etouffee : This recipe and other oddities are featured on the blog. Art projects and more off topic picks are also shared. You can even learn how to make steam driven cookies with a visit.
43. The Creole and Cajun Recipe Page : This is a good first stop for newbies to Cajun cooking. Chuck Taggart is a native from New Orleans and shares the basics and beyond of this type of Southern food. Appetizers, Po-Boys, and many others are shared.
44. Gumbo and Other Tales : Sara has not been active in posting lately but is still worth a look. With two blogs to choose from, she has loads about gumbo. See where she has been and what was cooked on the blog.
Best Specialty Southern Food Blogs
These food blogs have a Southern specialty in mind.
45. Southern Savers : Get information on coupons, deals, giveaways, and more for the Southerner on this site. Stores such as Target and Walgreens are often the subject of entries. There are even guides for getting started.
46. Mommy’s Kitchen : This mother knows that the best childhood memories often take place in the kitchen. With that and Southern food in mind, she blogs a virtual kitchen of recipes and tips. The current feature is cake mix dinner rolls.
47. Soul Fusion Kitchen : Sylvie believes the kitchen is the hub of all social events in the home. Holiday parties, outdoor BBQ, luncheons, dinner, and brunch with a soulful look are featured here. A recent post was on a BBQ competition.
48. Madame Monaco’s Moreish Menus and Morsels : What does a French Canadian know about Southern food? Visit her blog to find out. Although recipes reach across both countries, she still features a few recipes from her native South. Cooking tags are on everything from African to vegetables.
49. Soul Food and Southern Cooking : Visit here to get the soul in the South. Loads of recipes are available with a click and are for everyone from the meat lover to the diabetic. They also offer cooking tips.
50. The Chicken Fried Blog : A Southern favorite, the blog makes no apologies for being about its favorite dish. Get reviews for fried chicken from all over the country. Entries are sparse but worth it if you love fried chicken as much as they do.
No matter your cooking knowledge, skill, or even location, there is loads to learn in the above 50 best Southern food blogs. With growing interest and no signs of slowing, there is a reason it is so popular.